In Episode 1, apolitical sat down with Duncan Hothersall to discuss his political roots, heroes and ambitions. For anyone familiar only with Duncan’s high-volume, opinionated and occasionally confrontational Twitter contributions here is an opportunity to decide whether that persona is a true representation. Duncan is a member of the Scottish Fabians, chair of the constituency Labour Party for Edinburgh South and is a high profile activist for Scottish Labour.
Amongst the topics Hothersall discusses on the podcast are:
• How many Labour MPs will survive the General Election;
• His ambitions for a future in politics and elected office;
• How political activism led to his involvement in party politics;
• The impact of Social Media on Scottish politics; and
• The reaction from inside Labour to his Twitter activities.
Please join us in discussing these issues or any other raised in the podcast below, or find us on Twitter at @apoliticalpod.