In Episode 13 of Apolitical we speak with Jamie Szymkowiak, ambassador for the One in Five campaign. We chat about the campaigns goals and ambitions; their success so far; and the measures they think will make a difference in the future.
Amongst the topics we discuss with Jamie on the podcast are:
• Why the One in Five campaign was set up;
• What the campaign hopes to achieve;
• Issues affecting participation of disabled people in politics;
• The early success the campaign has enjoyed;
• Measures that can be taken to encourage more disabled people in politics to be open about their conditions; and
• The campaign’s prospects for long-term success.
Please join us in discussing these issues or any other raised in the podcast below, or find us on Twitter at @apoliticalpod.