In Episode 2, apolitical spoke with Natalie McGarry to discuss her politicised childhood, the 2015 General Election campaign and the benefits & perils of using social media as a politically active individual. In this Episode you will learn a little more about the background and motivations of the challenger for Margaret Curran’s Glasgow East constituency and her hopes for Glasgow’s – and Scotland’s – future.
Amongst the topics we discuss with Ms. McGarry on the podcast are:
• Why she wants to represent Glasgow East at Westminster;
• How working in Women for Independence helped her overcome a lifelong fear;
• The lessons she’s learned from making mistakes on Social Media;
• How to work towards gender equality in Scottish politics;
• What the SNP hope to achieve at Westminster in the next Parliament; and
• The human impact of austerity and poverty.
Please join us in discussing these issues or any other raised in the podcast below, or find us on Twitter at @apoliticalpod.