In Episode 4 of apolitical we speak with Gillian Martin, an SNP activist and North East Scotland Exec for Women for Independence about gender equality in Scottish politics and the increasing importance placed on individual party leaders over policy and local candidates at UK Elections.
Amongst the topics we discuss with Gillian on the podcast are:
• Inheriting political activism from her father;
• Supporting quotas for all-female shortlists;
• The politics of personalities and the impact of televised debates;
• Her own political ambitions; and
• What she learned from watching her political role-model.
Please join us in discussing these issues or any other raised in the podcast below, or find us on Twitter at @apoliticalpod.