In Episode 9 of apolitical we speak with Ian Dunn, Deputy Editor of the Scottish Catholic Observer and a columnist with CommonSpace. We chat about the part religion plays in politics; the influence of the Catholic Church on the voting habits of its adherents; and his challenging views on the difficulties facing the SNP in the future.
Amongst the topics we discuss with Ian on the podcast are:
• His involvement in politics as a youth;
• His reasons for writing about Scottish politics;
• The extent to which his faith informs his politics;
• Policies or parties that are incompatible with a Catholic faith;
• Separation of church and state;
• Why it’s all downhill from here for the SNP; and
• His thoughts on the future for Scottish politics.
Please join us in discussing these issues or any other raised in the podcast below, or find us on Twitter at @apoliticalpod.